Images are representations only.
8222 Conductivity MeterBrand: Burkert Fluid Control Systems
The Burkert compact meter Type 8222 is designed for measuring the conductivity of fluids. The conductivity meter consists of a sensor, plugged-in and pined to the transmitter (with removable display).
The sensor comprises a cell with two electrodes and a Pt1000 temperature probe. The sensor itself is available with three different cell constants C, these with C = 0.01 or 0.1 are fitted with stainless steel electrodes and those with C = 1.0 are fitted with graphite electrodes.
The conductivity meter can operate independent of the display but it will be required for programming the device and also for visualizing continuously the measured and processed data.Features
- Perfect for clean water and slightly concentrated liquids
- Integral device for direct connection to PLC
- Simulation of process values for diagnostics
- Three cell constants to cover a wide application range e.g. reverse osmosis
Ambient Temperature Range
- Operating & Storage: -10° to 60° C (14° to 140° F)
Approvals & Certifications
- Calibration Certificates
- EU Directives
- PED 2014/68/EU
- UL (C,US): UL 61010-1 + CAN/CSA C22.2 No.61010-1
- G 1-1/2” Male
- Short Circuit: Protected for Transistor Outputs
- Current [3 Outputs Meter (2-Wire)]: ≤ 25 mA at 14 Vdc without Transistors Load, with Current Loop
- Current [4 Outputs Meter (3-Wire)]: ≤ 5 mA at 12 Vdc without Transistors Load, without Current Loop
- Current: ≤ 1 A with the 2 Transistors Loads
- Polycarbonate (PC)
- 4-20 mA
- Pipe: 0.9 to 4.3” (25 to 110 mm)
- 3 Outputs Meter (2-Wire): 1 x 5-Pin M12 Male Fixed Connector
- 4 Outputs Meter (3-Wire): 1 x 5-Pin M12 Male + 1 x 5-Pin M12 Female Fixed Connectors
- Shielded Cable
- Voltage Peak: Protected
Enclosure, Body Material
- 316L Stainless Steel, 1.4404
- ≤ 85 % Relative Humidity, Non-Condensing
- 1,100 ohms at 36 Vdc, Max.
- 3 Outputs Meter (2-Wire): 180 ohms at 14 Vdc, Max.
- 4 Outputs Meter (3-Wire): 100 ohms at 12 Vdc, Max.
- 610 ohms at 24 Vdc, Max.
Materials of Construction
- Display: Polycarbonate (PC)
- Fixed Connector Mounting Plate: 316L Stainless Steel, 1.4404
- Fixed Connector: Brass Nickel-Plated
- Navigation Key: PBT
- Conductivity Measurement Deviation: ± 3 % of Measured Value
- Temperature Measurement Deviation: ± 1° C (1.8° F)
- Conductivity Measurement: 0.05 to 10,000 µS/cm
Nut & Bolt Material
- Nut: PVC
- Nut: PVDF
- 4-20 mA
- Transistor (NPN): 0.2-36 Vdc
- Open Collector (700 mA, 0.5 A) - Max.
- 3 Outputs Meter (2-Wire): 14-36 Vdc, Filtered & Regulated
- 4 Outputs Meter (3-Wire): 12-36, Filtered & Regulated
- psi: 0 to 232 (kPa: 0 to 1,600, bar: 0 to 16) - Max.
- With G 1-1/2” PVC Nut Connection: 0° to 50° C (32° to 122° F)
- With G 1-1/2” PVDF Nut Connection: -20° to 100° C (-4° to 212° F) Restricted by the used Adaptor
- Conductivity Measurement: 1 NS/cm
- Temperature Measurement (Internal Resolution): 0.1° C (0.18° F)
- 10 to 90 %: 150 milliseconds
Reverse Polarity Protection
- Protected Against Reverse Polarity
- Stainless Steel
Seat / Seal Material
- Seal: EPDM
- Seal: Silicone
Sensor, Probe Material
- Conductivity Sensor: 316Ti Stainless Steel 1.4571
- Conductivity Sensor: PVDF
- Transistor (PNP or NPN)
- Minimal Temperature Range: 10° to 20° C (50° to 68° F) Corresponding to 4-20 mA
- Temperature Measurement: -20° to 100° C (-4° to 212° F)
- Electrode: 316Ti Stainless Steel 1.4571 for Cell Constant C = 0.01 or C = 0.1
- Electrode: Graphite for Cell Constant C = 1.0