IB Series inverted bucket steam traps are used in drip applications to remove condensate from steam mains and steam supply lines. For drip applications, the smaller sized units have adequate capacity.
The discharge orifice of the inverted bucket trap is mounted at the top of the trap body, which makes them less susceptible to failure from dirt and debris when compared to other trap types.
Since Inverted Bucket traps have poor air-handling capability, they are normally not recommended for most process applications. However, they can be used on certain process applications such as unit heaters and laundry equipment, where discharging air during system start-up is not a critical factor.
F and T traps are the preferred choice for systems where air must be quickly discharged.Features
- Waterhammer resistant
- Suitable for superheated steam (use internal check valve option to eliminate loss of prime)
- In-line repairability is simplified by having all internals attached to the cover
- Valve and seat are located at the top of the trap body making them less prone to clogging from debris and pipe scale
- All stainless steel internals with hardened valve and seat
Enclosure, Body Material
- Cast Iron, ASTM A-278 Class 30
- 1” NPT Female
- 1/2” NPT Female
- 1-1/2” NPT Female
- 1-1/4” NPT Female
- 3/4” NPT Female