Images are representations only.
8742 Mass Flow Controller & Flow MeterBrand: Burkert Fluid Control Systems
Type 8742 can be configured either as MFC or MFM and is intended for the use in a büS or CANopen network. The büS network technology which is based on CAN physics was developed by Bürkert especially for applications with quite a number of control loops run by Industrial Ethernet or other fieldbuses.
The System Control Unit (SCU) Type ME2X (please see datasheet) transfers a customer’s PLC fieldbus into the proprietary büS communication and operates all connected electronic devices.
The communication of the devices can be switched from büS to CANopen. Given that, Type 8742 can also be integrated into an existing CANopen infrastructure.
Type 8742 measures (MFM) or controls (MFC) the mass flow of gases using a MEMS sensor. The sensor is in direct contact with the gas and therefore reaches very fast response times of a few hundred milliseconds.
Furthermore, the measurement is independent from pressure or temperature deviations. The MFC/MFM can be optionally calibrated for two different gases, the user is able to switch between them.
A direct-acting solenoid control valve from Bürkert’s excellent 287x series as regulating unit ensures high sensitivity and good fl ow control of the device. Type 8742 is especially designed for use in harsh environments due to high IP and explosion protection.
- After 1 Minute Warm-Up Time: ± 0.3 % of Full Scale
- After 1 Minute Warm-Up Time: ± 0.8 % of Reading
Ambient Temperature Range
- -10° to 50° C (14° to 122° F)
- Harsh Environments
Approvals & Certifications
- ATEX Compliance II 3 G Ex NA IIC T Gc x & II 3D Ex Tc IIIC T °C Dc X
- G 1/4”
- CAN Bus
- FOUNDATION Fieldbus
- Power Consumption: 1 W (as MFM)
- Power Consumption: 3-10 W
- 5-Pin Connector
- M12 Plug
- Aluminum Die Casting (Coated)
Enclosure, Body Material
- Stainless Steel
- Protection Class: IP65
- Protection Class: IP67
- Control Valve: 0.00006 to 0.32 m³/hour (Kvs Value)
- Nominal Flow Range: 0.01 to 80 LPM
- Device Status: RGB-LED based on NAMUR NE107
- Neutral Gasses
- 1/4” NPT
- 24 Vdc
- Control Valve: 0.05 to 4 mm
Principle of Operation
- Thermal, Calorimetric
- -10° to 60° C (14° to 140° F) with Oxygen
- -10° to 70° C (14° to 158° F)
- ± 0.1 % of Full Scale
- Setting (MFC)/(MFM): < 300 milliseconds
Seat / Seal Material
- Seal: EPDM
- Seal: FKM
- Residual Ripple: ± 2 %
- Voltage: ± 10 %
- Harsh Environments