Images are representations only.
8713 Mass Flow ControllerBrand: Burkert Fluid Control Systems
Type 8713 controls the mass flow of gases that is relevant for most applications in process technologies.
The measured value will be compared in the digital control electronics with the predefined set point according to the signal; if a control difference is present, the control value output to the proportional valve will be modified using a PI-control algorithm.
Due to the fact that the sensor is directly in contact with the gas a very fast response time of the MFC is reached. In this way, the mass flow can be maintained at a fixed value or a predefined profile can be followed, regardless of pressure variations or other changes in the system.
Type 8713 can optionally be calibrated for two different gases, the user is able to switch between these two gases.
As control element a direct-acting proportional valve guarantees a high sensitivity and a good control characteristics of the MFC. This instrument communicates digitally with master devices, no further A/D conversions needed. The Mass Flow Communicator software can be used for parameterization and diagnosis.
- ± 0.3 % of Full Scale after 1 Minute Warm-Up Time
- ± 0.8 % of Reading after 1 Minute Warm-Up Time
Ambient Temperature Range
- -10° to 50° C (14° to 122° F)
Approvals & Certifications
- G 1/4” Female
- RS-485 (Half-Duplex & Full Duplex)
- Power Consumption: 3.5-11.5 W (Depending on Control Valve Used)
- D-Sub 9-Pin Plug Connector
- Normally Closed
- Normally Open
Enclosure, Body Material
- Stainless Steel
- Protection Class: IP40
- Control Valve: 0.00006 to 0.32 m³/hour (Kvs Value)
- Nominal Flow Range: 0.01 to 80 LPM
- LED Indication for Power, Limit & Error
- Neutral Gasses
- 1/4” NPT Female
- Control Valve: 0.05 to 4 mm
- 24 Vdc
Principle of Operation
- Thermal, Calorimetric
- -10° to 60° C (14° to 140° F) with Oxygen
- Gas: -10° to 70° C (14° to 158° F)
- One Relay Output: 1 A at 25 V, 25 VA
- ± 0.1 % of Full Scale
- Settling Time (t95 %): < 300 milliseconds
Seat / Seal Material
- Seal: EPDM
- Seal: FKM
- Residual Ripple: < 2 %
- Voltage: ± 10 %